Most popular 2D articles
• Materials: Boron made into 2D sheet
by Editorial commentary Nature
An article from Nature highlighting a recent work published in Angewandte, demonstrating the growth of atomically thin boron films. The synthesis of boron seems to me an emerging area of science, with 3 other papers put online in December (Two on arXiv (1,2) and one published in Science).
This Angewandte article was also covered by a 2D Research editorial.
• Evidence for two dimensional Ising superconductivity in gated MoS2.
by Lu et al, Science
Ionic-liquid gated molybdenum disulphide shows evidence of an Ising superconductor.
• Recent advances in two dimensional materials beyond graphene
by Bhimanapatiet al, ACS Nano
A review articles by scientists from more 10 different institutions providing experimental and theoretical insights on the properties of two dimensional materials beyond graphene.
• Fast growth of inch-sized single-crystalline graphene from a controlled single nucleus on Cu-Ni alloys
by Wu et al, Nature Materials
Self-explained title: an optimized copper nickel alloy shows improved ability to decrease the nucleation density of carbon in order to create large 1.5-inch single crystals of graphene, with reduced synthesis time.
• 1T-TaS2 in the two-dimensional limit
by Tsen et al, PNAS
Hexagonal boron nitride encapsulated 1T tantalum disulphide enables the characterization of this material in the 2D limit and that the